Heritage Days in Lyon
See you on September 17th and 18th 2022 for the Heritage Days
Take advantage of your stay or your weekend at the Best Western Hôtel Créqui in Lyon Part-Dieu to discover exceptional places, usually closed to the public or open to the public on September 17th and 18th.
The Lyon CrematoriumPut into service at the beginning of the 20th century, this magnificent building built by the architect Étienne Curry opens its doors to visitors. On the programme: a guided and commented tour of the premises and its technical parts.
- Opening on Saturday 17 September from 2.30 pm to 6 pm
- Address: 17 rue Pierre Delore, 69008 Lyon
Built from the 12th to the 15th century, Saint-Jean Cathedral is notable for its 16th century astronomical clock.
The Treasure of Saint-Jean Cathedral
Today, the site houses a collection of sacred art objects from the Byzantine era to the 20th century.
- Visit from 10am on Saturday 17 September from 2.30pm on Sunday 18 September
- Address: Place Saint Jean, 69005 Lyon
François Mitterand House of Books, Images and Sound (MLIS)Designed by the architect Mario Botta at the end of the 20th century, this media library with its original design invites you to discover all its secrets through a guided tour.
- Architectural visit on Saturday 17 September at 4.30pm
- Address: 247 cours Emile-Zola, 69100 Villeurbanne
Villa MonoyerDiscover the place where the famous French physicist and ophthalmologist Ferdinand Monoyer lived. This beautiful house built during the XIXᵉ century still belongs to the physicist's family, who opens its 5,300 m² English park to the curious.
On the programme: musical atmosphere, entertainment and presentations of artisanal products.
- Free visit on Sunday 18 September from 3pm
- Address: 41 rue Professeur Paul Sisley, 69003 Lyon
Reserves of the firemen's museumThis museum presents the equipment and old vehicles of fire heroes from the Renaissance to the present day. Workshops and animations are also offered by the museum.
- Free visit on Saturday 17 September from 10 am to 6 pm
- Address: SDMIS 19 bis avenue du Bataillon-Carmagnole-Liberté, 69120 Vaulx-n-Velin
Don't wait any longer and take advantage of the Heritage Days to discover the city of Lyon during your stay in our hotel in Lyon Part-Dieu!